Thursday, July 10, 2008

My Food Cheat Week

My aunt and uncle sent me a card a while back for my birthday. On the front, there was a happy-looking cupcake with a face made of candy. The tagline was:

"Life is so much better with a sugar buzz on."

No truer words have ever been recorded, especially this week for me.

Since March, I've been on the 'Diet-Divorce-Exercise' program, and have remained relatively consistent on eating healthy. Then the Fourth of July hit, and the above-mentioned aunt made this killer chocolate chip cake. Since there's no shame in my game any more, I ate two pieces, and they were gooooood. But, I did exercise that morning. I rely heavily on the concept of the 36-hour afterburn of calories that supposedly takes place. It's my nice little piece of denial heaven I visit regularly.

Don't judge me, dammit!

The next day, I attended a graduation party for my friend's daughter. And guess what? There was cake there, too. I had a sliver. It was chocolate chip cake, too. It was goooooooood.

Sunday, I had a hankering for something called Buffalo Chicken Dip. This concoction is just pure heaven, if eaten in moderation. If. Did I eat it in moderation? Noooooooooooo. And I paid for it - big time on Monday. All day. And yet, still went to the gym.

Tuesday, I was good with the food, bad with the no exercise.

Wednesday, I broke down again food-wise, went to the store and fed my candy Swedish fish and Heartland Cheddar veggie chips addictions and purchased both, and proceeded to eat both - for dinner.

Today, I swore to myself I would be good. Of course, that's before I remembered I was meeting a friend at P.F. Chang's today. I had soup, a appetizer-sized portion for lunch and had a dessert shot (it's a dessert they smush into a shot glass) they said was based on s'mores. I think they achieved sugar nirvana with that thing!

But, I did go to the gym! A-ha!

Despite all of this, I have managed to maintain my current weight loss of 26.5 pounds, which was no small feat on the DDE regimen. But I feel so much better, because life is so much better with a smile on!

No comments: