Thursday, November 13, 2008

Attack of the Brain Fart...

Auntie Flo sometimes brings many visitors with her, as I've explained before in this blog. Remember Uncle Cranky? Eat Everything in Sight?

Yeah, well...I forgot to mention one other item that accompanies her: Brain Fart.

Brain Fart makes me either forgetful or stupid. This month, it made me a big bowlful of stupid. And I slurped it up.

I warned Manfriend I would have my crazy moments, and I unleashed a whole bunch of it tonight on him. And now...he wants to talk about it. Oy. I'm good at putting words to paper. Sometimes a little too good. And I made a mountain out of a molehill tonight. Actually, I made a mountain out of an imaginary molehill. Not so good with the talky-talk. I'm grateful he is, and I'm sure I'll be listening most of the time and trying to beg out of the conversation with offering all the food I have in my house to him.

How about coffee?
Diet coke?
Pepperoni?
Provolone?
Pickles?
American cheese wrapped in plastic?

All I can say is...it was a weird night. I was feeling a little insecure, and thanks to my big bowl of stupid, I unleashed a by-product worse than any fart either of my dogs could produce, the green-eyed monster:

O, beware, my lord, of jealousy!
It is the green-eyed monster which doth mock
The meat it feeds on.

I am happily smitten with Manfriend. He knows this. I know this. And then...Auntie Flo plants the Brain Fart bowl in front of me. Slurp.

So, Manfriend...you were warned I would have my moments of insanity. Thank goodness you are level-headed.

I'm glad Auntie has packed the last of her tricks for this month and is on her way out, because I need a break from the Brain Fart. It has made me a bit addle-brained, and I'd like to be the intelligent, reasonable human being I normally am most days.

No comments: