Sunday, October 5, 2008

The Happiest Place on Earth

I had the best vacation a couple of weeks ago. I could not have asked for more, even when I had the opportunity to do so.

For the first time in the bazillion times I've been to Disney World in Orlando, I met the Fairy Godmother. It was a pretty cool moment, standing there with her.


I think if I had met her seven months ago, I would have given her a laundry list of wishes:


  • I would have wanted February 18, 2008 - the day my then-husband of 10 plus years told me he didn't want to be married anymore - to have been erased

  • I would have wanted a second chance at children

  • I would have wanted purpose to my life

  • I would have wanted lipo. (Hey, I didn't say the list would be completely without superficial wishes!)

Life isn't always perfect, but I am so grateful for what I have in mine. Granted, I cry now and again, but I smile more than I did a number of months ago.


So, when I saw the Fairy Godmother, I gave her a hug and smiled.

No comments: