Sunday, April 18, 2010

Wedding (and Weight) Planning

It's been a while since I've posted. Life gets in the way of blogging. :)

I've been in rapid wedding planning mode. We have a little over six months left before the big day, and we've got the majority of the things covered:
  • Date, check
  • Ceremony and reception locations, check
  • Pre-Cana certification (for those non-Catholics out there, this is a wedding preparation course), check
  • DJ, check
  • Photographer, check
  • Florist, check
  • Honeymoon, check (the hotel at least)
  • Wedding dress, check
  • Getting in shape to wear the dress..... *screech*
Ok. I've been a wee-bit lax in the area of getting in shape, and losing some weight I managed to pack on in the past year. So...I called Jenny. Jenny Craig.

I started the Jenny Craig weight loss program last Thursday night, and I have to say, the food isn't bad. Because I like structure, this program is perfect. They give me a daily menu planner, and I buy the food there. It could not be simpler!

My challenge is the size of the food portions. I think this will get better as my stomach adjusts to what is deemed "healthy sized" meals. I had an a-ha moment about this. I didn't realize one could actually be addicted to food. In the greater Philadelphia area, it is a smorgasbord of food - good and bad. And there's so much of it, it's difficult not to be tempted.

I also have to learn how to eat when I go out with friends and family. I have a book, and I can't wait to see the look on my peeps' faces when I start hacking away at meats to make sure they're the size of my fist.

It will be times out that I wish I was born with man hands.

No comments: