Saturday, December 26, 2009

Catching Up, Part III: Ending on a High Note

As you may have seen in my previous posts, I mention Manfriend quite a bit.

I love him.

He is a good man. He has made me believe life can be good, and that there is love and happiness after divorce. He is kind. He is sexy. He makes me laugh. He is a sweetheart.

On December 13, he got down on one knee, told me he didn't want to wait anymore to start the next phase of our lives, and asked me to marry him. After the initial shock wore off, I said yes.

My parents proceeded to ask when we thought we'd get married, and I said it all depended on when my annulment arrived. The last correspondence I received indicated it would take up to a year for it to be decided.

Four days after Manfriend proposed, I received a letter in the mail from the Archdiocese Tribunal:

"This letter is formal notification that the Reverend Judges of this Tribunal have handed down an AFFIRMATIVE decision and that the nullity of the [NAMES] marriage has been judged as proven in the eyes of the Church.

"You are hereby informed that you are free to marry in the Catholic Church insofar as your marriage to [EX'S NAME] is concerned..."

There are other formalities in the letter. I could barely read them through my tears. I couldn't believe it. I thought I'd be waiting for months for this letter. And it was there, in front of me. I called Manfriend at work and told him the news. He was initially speechless, and then said, "Wow. Talk about perfect timing!"

I know!!!

Manfriend and I talked later that night, and we decided to look forward to all the positive things in the coming year.

I feel so blessed and happy right now. I am overjoyed.

Love you, Manfriend. I can't wait to be Mrs. Manfriend in late 2010!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ma'am,
this blog is awesome, your writing is (oh so!) refreshing!
And thinking I get to this beautiful place by searching for images of Greenfield catheters...
How's your deep venous thrombosis, by the way? The coagulation tests were okay?
All the best luck and I hope you find all the happiness (or even more) you most certainly deserve.

Cheryl said...

Hello, Ines:

So glad to see your post!

All of my tests have checked out fine, and I no longer have a need for anti-coagulation medications. The DVT is gone. I feel very blessed after a crazy year.

Best of luck to you!