Saturday, July 25, 2009

Woo-hoo!

I can't believe I did it, but I did.

I "graduated" from Fitness Boot Camp. I didn't quit the Squad. I managed to get through most of the running (still, not my favorite). I enjoyed being outside, often covered in grass clippings and mud. I looked forward to starting off Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at "zero dark thirty" with 100+ crazy people and an incredibly disciplined and motivated set of instructors.

On Friday, after an integrity run (we all stayed together - left no one behind) and a series of insane calisthenics, we huddled together for graduation. Each of the new recruits received certificates and dog tags. They honored select recruits for their motivation, discipline and heart. Someone from the squad catered a graduation breakfast (for which I could not, unfortunately, stay).

Here's the nutty thing: After the first two weeks where I could barely walk or breathe, I've come to a place where I crave this time. I've signed up for the next session.

No comments: