Saturday, June 27, 2009

Second Chances

I watched Sex and the City for the umpteenth time. I really am a sap for the romantic comedy.

In a scene with all four girls, Samantha talks about not being happy all the time in her relationship, and looks at the other girls for agreement. She asks Charlotte how many times she's really happy in her marriage. Charlotte, the only one not in turmoil in the movie, says, "I'm happy every day. Maybe not all the time every day, but I'm happy every day."

If you were a fan of the show like I was, you know that Charlotte's road to happiness was not simple or straight-laced. She was married to someone who couldn't...perform. The two of them couldn't work it out for additional differences, and eventually divorced. This shattered Charlotte's view of the fairy-tale marriage she always wanted. And then she met Harry Goldenblatt.

Sometimes, like Charlotte's storyline, happiness comes in the form of second chances.

I dig that concept.

No comments: