Sunday, February 15, 2009

My Lily Tootsabelle Experience!


Ooooo! I finally got up the nerve to hold my niece. And it was AWESOME!

Yes, I know this sounds ridiculous. She's almost six months old. But, I have a thing about babies. They look so fragile as infants. So breakable. And they are also so intuitive. They smell fear. I know that if I had held my niece in previous months, she would have known right away what a hack I am at holding children and would have cried her ever-lovin' head off.

When I entered my parents house and saw my sister holding Miss Lils, I knew I could hold her. She's gotten so big, and is just the cutest baby on the planet. So, my sister placed her in my arms, and she only fussed for a minute (she saw her bottle and wanted it, wanted it, wanted it!), and then I sang "The Wheels on the Bus" song to her. Off key. With made-up lyrics. Because I don't know any kiddie songs. (There. I've said it. I'm a mediocre aunt.)

Miss Lils was a trooper. She waited as patiently as she could for her dinner bottle, and tolerated my singing.

She's so beautiful! She's got these amazing cheeks, and the longest eyelashes. She totally adores my sister, which is so cool to see. And my parents are just eating up being grandparents. Tootsabella lights up a room when she's in it.

I can't wait to see her again!

No comments: